Bancha Licensing Overview
Bancha comes in two flavors. We have an open source version of Bancha Basic and commercial version Bancha Pro.
To use Bancha Pro you need to purchase a commercial license from codeQ e.U.:
- The license is a per named user (not a floating license), so it is not transferable to another developer when you are not using it.
- If a developer for whom the license was purchased is no longer employed by your organization, you may reassign the license.
- The license includes deployment of unlimited numbers of applications to unlimited numbers of sites, users and devices.
- Are perpetual and include upgrades to all minor revisions. For example, a 1.0 license includes all minor 1.x releases including 1.1, 1.2, etc.
- Are royalty-free and allow unlimited server distribution.
Bancha is an avid supporter of open source software. This is the appropriate option if you are creating an application with a license compatible with the GNU LGPL license v3. You are allowed to use Bancha Basic without sharing your code. You can not re-distribute it as part of your own commercially licensed SDK, framework or web application builder. If this applies to you then nothing else is required — simply download Bancha Basic and start using it.
Bancha Basic's development is sponsored by sales of Bancha Pro. If your company is using Bancha successfully under the GPL and you'd still like to support us financially, a good option would be to purchase a support subscription.
Still Have Questions?
We are very aware that licensing can sometimes be a confusing business. If you still have any questions, or would like to inquire about OEM or other custom licensing arrangements, please don't hesitate to contact us.
OEM / Reseller
If you would like to bundle Bancha components into a commercial software development library, toolkit or framework, you should inquire about our OEM options.
As an OEM partner, your commercial customers could use Bancha under your license terms without being bound to the terms of the GPL.
Bancha is free to use for personal or educational use. However, if you are a student or academic organization and you would like to use Bancha under a commercial license you may be eligible for an academic discount. Please email us (preferably from a .edu domain) and give us the details.