Bancha Licensing Overview
Bancha uses the same dual licensing model used by Sencha for Ext JS. We have both open source and commercial license options available.
This is the appropriate option if you are creating proprietary applications and you are not prepared to distribute and share the source code of your application under the GPL.
If you wish to derive a commercial advantage by not releasing your application under an open source license, you must purchase an appropriate number of commercial licenses from Michael Svec KG. By purchasing commercial licenses, you are no longer obligated to publish your source code.
- The license is a per named user (not a floating license), so it is not transferable to another developer when you are not using it.
- If a developer for whom the license was purchased is no longer employed by your organization, you may reassign the license.
- The license includes deployment of unlimited numbers of applications to unlimited numbers of sites, users and devices.
- Are perpetual and include upgrades to all minor revisions. For example, a 1.0 license includes all minor 1.x releases including 1.1, 1.2, etc.
- Are royalty-free and allow unlimited server distribution.
- Remove any obligations to release any source code under the GPL.
Open Source License
Bancha is an avid supporter of open source software. This is the appropriate option if you are creating an open source application with a license compatible with the GNU GPL license v3. If this applies to you then nothing else is required — simply download Bancha and start using it.
For more information about the GPL and its applicability to your application read Sencha's GPL overview. When in doubt, we will generally defer to Sencha's open source usage policies.
Note that if you are using Bancha under the GPL and you'd still like to support us financially, a good option would be to purchase a support subscription.
Still Have Questions?
We are very aware that licensing can sometimes be a confusing business. If you still have any questions, or would like to inquire about OEM or other custom licensing arrangements, please don't hesitate to contact us.
OEM / Reseller
If you would like to bundle Bancha components into a commercial software development library, toolkit or framework, you should inquire about our OEM options.
As an OEM partner, your commercial customers could use Bancha under your license terms without being bound to the terms of the GPL.
Bancha is free to use for personal or educational use. However, if you are a student or academic organization and you would like to use Bancha under a commercial license you may be eligible for an academic discount. Please email us (preferably from a .edu domain) and give us the details.